Does your child encounters any problems with English, Mathematics or Science and you have no idea how to find a good tutor?
Most of the time, you will ask your close friends as well as coworkers if they have any great home tutor to recommend. You will find that most parents have previously engaged a private tutor before.
The other option is to do an online search and try to find a good singapore home tuition agency. There will certainly be many alternatives. Some parents prefer to send their child to a tuition center while some prefer to have private tutoring. As soon as you have shortlisted a few tuition agencies, then utilize the follow checklists:
1) Is the website professionally designed? Is there any email or a telephone number to contact them? Do they detail their terms and conditions and also how the entire tutoring process works?
2) Are there any endorsements or reviews listed on the website? Spend some time to read through them. Do those testimonials sound like a genuine person? Are there any similar types of customers in your town?
3) Give a call to the agency or send them a web contact us form. If you are comparing it with multiple agencies, this could gauge the time it takes for them to get back to you. You want to know how long they take to get back to you. Don’t be surprised that some companies do not reply in any way!
4) Find out about their hourly rate. You are normally going to pay more for the service they supply when you are dealing with a company. Many tuition companies evaluate their tutors via meetings, recommendations and background checks. You are paying for their time and effort in searching for as well as evaluating the tutor when you go with an agency over a specific person. Don’t anticipate to get a good tutor for $20/h or less. The hourly rate ranges from $30 through $100 or even more. Keep in mind that usually you get just what you pay for – a more experienced tutor will certainly cost more, higher educational qualifications than an average tutor.
5) Is there any formal long term contract? This is not needed, as sometimes your child might not like the tutor’s teaching style. Hence, you want to avoid it and look for one that does not have a long term contract.
6) What are their policies if you do not like the tutor? Do you have to pay for first session? Do they get a replacement tutor for you immediately?
7) What are the communication channels between you and the tutor? Do they do a followup and ask for feedback after a few lessons? You definitely want to remain in contact about the progression of the tutoring.
8) Finally, how does their coordinating procedures work?
You absolutely will want to seek your child’s feedback while selecting the tutor. After the first session, make sure you discuss with your child and also obtain his/her responses. The partnership in between the student and the tutor is essential to guaranteeing the success of the tuition.
Although there are concrete factors like qualifications and also years of tutoring experience, the most crucial element could be how both you and your child feel with regards to the tutor.